Food lovers know pretty much any place can be foodie heaven if we try hard enough! (Which..is little to no effort really. *wink*). Realistically, I’m sure I don’t have to convince anyone out there to visit Italy for the food, or even make a repeat trip to Italy. I guess you could say I just really wanted to share the delicious food I ate in Italy without completely spamming Instagram. Hopefully there’s someone out there willing to drool over these photos with me! I present to you 10 reasons foodies need to visit Italy again and again.
1. Obviously, foodies need to visit Italy for the pizza.
2. Seriously, the pizza is fantastic here.
Honest to God this four cheese pizza was a slice of heaven for this cheese-obsessed Wisconsinite.
3. WE CANNOT FORGET ABOUT THE PASTA
4. Not mentioning the gelato is a crime
5. It really is an art form there.
6. And should be treated as such
7. “Gee, I wonder if Miranda ate a lot of gelato on her trip to Italy…”
They say the best gelato in all of Italy is located in Florence. I have to agree, the gelato in Florence was much creamier and the flavors were stronger than the gelaterias located in Rome. Then again, there really is no such thing as bad gelato.
8. And people say Americans have large portions…. (This is an appetizer)
We most likely could have easily split this between our party of three. After finishing this, we barely ate our entrees.
9. Also…the cappuccino.
10. Yes, drinks do qualify under this category.
What country would you visit (again and again) for their food? I’d love more ideas for my next trip!